Pages

Thursday 19 July 2012

Juice Detox Days 4 & 5: Feeling AWESOME

After a little slump and some temptations in the early part of the detox, I wasn't sure if I'd make it the whole way through without some blips. The truth is, every day I feel better and better.

Those of you who have known me for a while, or anybody that works in my office, or quite frankly anyone I've sat near on a long journey of any kind, will know that I have a long history of digestive woes. Not woes like if I can easily access chocolate digestives to go with my tea, but serious digestive problems that have lingered after a little posse of parasites took refuge in my stomach in 2006. Whilst it has only been a few days, this cleanse of the system has left my guts feeling better than ever and that in turn, has made me very happy indeed.

The energy slumps I was expecting just haven't happened, I've felt fresh and full of beans, or.. juice. I admit though, I have been avoiding doing any sort of major endurance exercise just in case I hit the wall. The endurance question was accidentally put to the test today. My very lovely, but vastly directionally misguided friend Sam, took me on a run. The run was supposed to be around 45 minutes, but a wrong turn had us out for just over 2 hours, a run time I haven't been anywhere near since the half ironman nearly 5 weeks ago. The last 30 minutes were a struggle and I did feel like I was running on empty with that horrible sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I'm quite sure this was mostly due to being physically and mentally unprepared for a 2 hour run!

I am not sure whether it's regaining control and really going healthy, being enormously nourished on great stuff rather than sugar and crap food, losing a couple of pounds or simply being excited that you can actually juice parsnips, but I am definitely feeling the benefits of this detox and I feel the best I've felt in a very long time!
Philips Avance Collection HR1871/00 800 Watt Juicer in Brushed Stainless Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment