Pages

Monday 31 October 2011

The November Detox 2011

I've been a little bit low recently; for some reason I haven't been sleeping too well and as a result I've been a woman on the edge. Training of any kind has been a bit hit and miss and I've been lacking the usual motivation and energy.

Having a rest though - I keep trying to tell myself - is not such a bad thing... except when resting involves eating a whole tub of Ben & Jerrys, two packs of Jaffa Cakes, some Truly Scrumptious Treats pumpkin pie fudge and.. shall I go on?


The healthy diet has been flung by the wayside as I've blamed "being tired" for not cooking proper food and getting my good dose of vegetables in. Of course I haven't been too tired to walk to Tesco to buy bags of cookies or wander down the road to the curry house, but cutting up a butternut squash has been a challenge too far. 


I realised that it has been a while since I've engaged in any sort of Egg Goes Healthy Challenge, and I think that is the answer to finding some new healthy enthusiasm. So, as is customary in November, I shall be banning all naughty foods up until the last weekend of the month, when it is my birthday and I shall indulge in much cakey goodness.


I've coerced my ever-suffering live-in Landlady Liz into joining me again for the banning of chocolate, cake, biscuits, sweets, ice cream and takeaways for the next 25 days, after which we will feel marvellously virtuous and can tackle December guilt-free.

1 comment:

  1. Egg, delighted to hear you sounding back to your normal.self, and SUPER glad that you're going to indulge (slightly) on your.birthday weekend, AND in preparation for Christmas with me ... woo, planning.nice healthy food and very.unhealthy.alcohol lol xx

    ReplyDelete