Pages

Monday 24 May 2010

Takeaway my urges

Today was a long, hot day - the combined effect of no air-conditioning and the lifting and shifting of delivery day meant all of us were very hot and bothered. None more so than Rachel, who apparently forgot to put suncream on her feet over the weekend (see pic!).
Monday night is the Women's Running Network group run night, they're a very friendly mixed-ability bunch and welcomed me back in February. I haven't been for a few weeks on account of the bronchitus. It's easy to think that it'll be like starting from scratch again when you've missed some training but in reality it's never that bad. We did around 4 miles in the still scorching heat and I was dripping with sweat, and very much at the back after the first couple of miles. I did feel a lot better at the end though for having gone out and done some running!
One cold shower later and I was ready for a munch. I found some grapes in the fridge but that didn't quite satisfy the grumbly stomach (bearing in mind, I did eat before the run). Now it just so happens that the new Dominos Pizza menu came through the front door today, and a thin-crust American Hot was eyeing me up. Having takeaway menus around is a risky business, especially as they all deliver for free. My house is across the road from a chip shop, chinese AND curry house.. so if the urge is strong you don't have long to talk yourself out of it..
I reasoned with myself, a small pizza would be okay, wouldn't it? After all, I did go for a run and I must've climbed those stairs in work about a million times today. I went upstairs, got dressed ready to pop down to Dominos (which is less than a 10 minute walk) and score me some pepperoni goodness.
Somewhere between the bottom of the stairs and the front door my willpower kicked in, and I thought I'd have just one more look in the fridge in case there was something more suitable. Instead of pizza I ended up eating two sticks of celery with peanut butter and raisins! I am super chuffed with myself.
Tomorrow I'm sure I'll be thin..

1 comment:

  1. ooooh Ants on a Log - good willpower!

    ReplyDelete