Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Body Glide (for her)

With some long swimming events and triathlons coming up in the next few months, it was time to buy some Body Glide. I came across this new "for her" version on Wiggle. I couldn't imagine any possible reason why such a product required a female-specific version, but it was about a pound cheaper than the regular stuff, so I ordered it.

When it arrived, I couldn't help but notice it was considerably smaller than the normal one. Suddenly that discount made sense. On the positive side, no longer would I have to suffer the humiliation of asking my big man friends to carry it for me in their larger, masculine bags. It would fit so easily into my handbag, which - naturally - is my preferred choice of carry-on for races and the like. It would also make the application effortless as I would be able to hold onto the container more easily with my feeble lady grip.

Obviously, a bright pink lid is exactly what I wanted as a female consumer. I can't imagine the shame of buying a feminine product in a dull, grey hue.


Disappointment was written all over my face as there was no discernible fragrance. No floral bouquet or lavender essence, not even a citrus tang. To add insult to injury, when I rubbed the balm onto my neck it didn't leave a glittery iridescence or pastel-coloured blush. Don't get me wrong, it stopped any chafe and made my wetsuit slide smoothly over my skin, but I just felt that Body Glide hadn't really seen this product through to full development for women.

Verdict: buy the regular one. Your girlfriends can group together and help you apply it, you can take turns in carrying it and there's always the option to decorate the bottle with sparkly nail varnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment